- Explores the hiking centre of Ireland, County Kerry.
- Immerse yourself in Ireland's mountains and forest trails.
- Soak-up the wonder of Ireland as you hike along the most beautiful peninsulas.
- Relax and unwind as you experience first-hand the best in Irish culture and hospitality.
- The price of the 5 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour.
- To book your 2020 adventure tour contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
During this 5 Day Hiking Tour you will experience Ireland’s beautiful wild places. The tour is designed for those people who love to hike and have a love for the outdoors. The tour departs from Cork City and over five days travels west as far as Dingle in county Kerry. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly giving you the ultimate adventure travel experience.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- Killarney and Dingle
DATES & PRICES5 Days from €1100. Full Details
- Hiking Tour
Good fitness level required
- 3-star and 4-star
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - Begin in Cork City and travel west to the hiking centre of Ireland, County Kerry. The hike starts in mixed woodland and continues to a mountain pass. This is followed by a hike to the mountain summit. At the summit there are excellent panoramic views, the hike takes about 3.5. After the hike and lunch the tour calls to Muckross National Park. Here you will visit Muckross Abbey and the gardens of Muckross House. The tour stays in Killarney on the first night.
- Day 2 – Today there is minimal time spent in the tour vehicle. First there is a boat ride up through the lakes of Killarney. On the boat trip there is fantastic scenery and it is a great opportunity to spot the areas wildlife. At the end of the boat trip you will enjoy some lunch and then the afternoons hike. The hike is through beautiful landscape that includes a mountain pass and a glaciated valley. At the end of the walk the tour arrives to the nights’ accommodation. The accommodation, a locally owned B&B, is wonderfully nestled under the mountains and it is a perfectly peaceful place to relax and unwind.
- Day 3 – This is certainly one of the highlights. The hike today is to the top of Ireland’s highest mountain, Carrauntoohil. Carrauntoohil stands at 1,040 meters and forms part of the Macgillycuddy reeks Mountain range. The route we take is one of the lesser used but most enjoyable routes to the summit. The hike begins from the previous nights’ accommodation and very quickly we begin to gain height on a broad ridge. Gradually the ground begins to steepen, and the effort required increase. After about 3.5 hours you will be on an open ridge between Ireland highest peaks. At the top of the mountain there are views of the winding Wild Atlantic Way that will take your breath away. The decent takes an alternative route where you will be rewarded with more fantastic views out over the Black valley and the Hags Glen. The day is a challenging but a very rewarding endeavour.
- Day 4 - On day four the tour travels to the spectacular Slea Head on the Dingle Peninsula. This is a magical part of Ireland with ancient monuments and amazing views that will leave long lasting memories. Today’s hike is on a magnificent section of the Dingle way. The tour calls to some ancient sites and there is time to explore the wonderful harbour town of Dingle where the tour stays on the fourth night.
- Day 5 – On the final day of the tour the hike is in a ‘secret valley’ in the Stack’s Mountains. The hike is through mixed deciduous Irish woodland of Oak, Ash and Chestnut trees. The walk rises slowly climbing out of the valley to be greeted with panoramic views of the mountains of Cork and Kerry. This is a very special hike and a great way to finish the tour. In the evening the tour returns to Cork city.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €200
DEPARTURE DATEScheduled departures
18 May 2020 & 07 July 2020