- The 5 Day Hiker Tour begins in Cork City and it travels along the Wild Atlantic Way through counties Cork and Kerry as far as the Dingle peninsula. On each day of the Adventure Tour there is a fantastic hike.
- Immerse yourself in Ireland's Mountains trails and coastal paths. During the 5 days you will hike, trek and walk through Ireland's dramatic landscapes and experience the best of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.
- Soak-up the wonder of Ireland as you hike along her most beautiful peninsulas, passing through picturesque villages and witnessing breath-taking scenery on Ireland’s West coast.
- Relax and unwind at the end of each day's adventures as you experience first-hand the best in Irish culture and hospitality. Savour the bountiful gourmet food on offer and sample a pint of Guinness.
- The price of the 5 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour.
During this 5 Day Hiking Tour you will experience and hike through Ireland’s beautiful wild places. The tour includes some of the region’s best walks located in stunning locations. The tour is designed for those people who love to hike and have a love for the outdoors. The tour departs from Cork City and over five days travels west as far as Dingle in county Kerry. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly giving you the ultimate adventure travel experience.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- Blarney Castle
DATES & PRICES5 Days from €1100. Full Details
- Mountain Hiking, Coastal Paths on Ireland' Wild Atlantic Way
Good fitness level required
4 hour Coastal Cycles
5 hour Hill-Walks
Suitable for active people
- 3-star and 4-star B&B and Hotel accommodation.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - The tour begins in Cork City and travels the short distance west to Kinsale, the southern starting point of the Wild Atlantic way. Here we visit the Old Head of Kinsale, a place of awesome beauty and a place full of maritime history. In the afternoon the tour travels to West Cork where you will enjoy a wonderful hike on Sheep's Head. Sheep’s head is a peninsula located between Bantry Bay and Dunmanus Bay and it is a place of outstanding beauty. The hike is a gentle hike which will get you warmed up for the adventures ahead. On the first night the tour stays in a hotel in scenic West Cork.
- Day 2 – On the second day the tour travels from West Cork into Kerry. The tour travels over the ruggedly beautiful Caha pass to reach the town of Kenmare. Here you will have some time to explore Kenmare’s brightly painted shop fronts and cafés. Today’s hike is on a mountain path in the heart of Killarney National Park. The hike passes beneath rolling mountains and through ancient Oak forests. This is a very scenic and enjoyable hike with rewarding views. The hike reaches Killarney at the famous Torc waterfall. On the second night the tour stays in Killarney the home of Ireland's outdoor Adventure.
- Day 3 - Day three of the adventure tour will be a day to remember. The day begins with a boat ride through the spectacular lakes of Killarney. On the boat trip there is fantastic scenery and it is a great opportunity to spot the areas wildlife. Red Deer are abundant throughout Killarney National Park and white-tailed Eagles have recently been reintroduced to the area. In the afternoon there is a hike through secluded and breathtakingly beautiful valleys. At the end of the walk the tour arrives to the nights’ accommodation. The accommodation, a locally owned B&B, is wonderfully nestled under the mountains and it is a perfect place to relax and unwind on the third night.
- Day 4 - Today the hiking tour travels further into county Kerry with a visit to the Stack’s Mountains, located between the towns of Castleisland and Tralee. The hike today begins in a ‘secret valley’ that was once the hide out place of Irish revolutionaries. It is a lesser known location but has high rewards. The hike rises slowly, through mixed deciduous Irish woodland of Oak, Ash and Chestnut trees, climbing out of the valley to be greeted with panoramic views of the mountains of Cork and Kerry. The tour then travels to the famous Tralee where you stay on the fourth night.
- Day 5 – On the final day of the tour you will travel into one of the most spectacular regions of Ireland, Slea Head on the Dingle Peninsula. There is a magnificent hike on a section of the Dingle way. There are amazing views as you hike along the rugged west Kerry coast line. This is a magical part of Ireland with ancient monuments and magical scenery that will remain with you long after you leave. After lunch in Dingle there is time to explore this wonderful harbor town. The tour also calls to the South Pole Inn, the home of Ireland’s most famous explorer, Tom Crean. In the evening the tour returns to Cork.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €200
DEPARTURE DATE2019 tour date now available
17 June 2019, 01 July 2019, 26 August 2019