- Immerse yourself in Irelands hills, trails and coastal paths on this hiking tour. During the 5 days you will hike, trek and walk through Ireland's dramatic landscapes and experience the best of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.
- Soak-up the wonder of Ireland as you hike along her most beautiful peninsulas, passing through picturesque villages and witnessing breath-taking scenery on Ireland’s West coast.
- Hike one of Ireland's best hill-walks through the Macgillycuddy's Reeks mountain range and conquer Ireland's highest mountain, Carrauntoohil
- Relax and unwind at the end of each days adventures and unwind as you experience first-hand the best in Irish culture and hospitality. Savour the bountiful gourmet food on offer and sample a pint of Guinness.
- The price of the 5 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour.
After this 5-day adventure tour you may be a little tired but you certainly will be happy. The tour includes some of the areas best walks in stunning locations. It is designed for those who love to hike and have a good level of fitness. Join this tour to test your stamina and enliven your spirits. The tour departs from cork city, spends one night in west Cork, two nights in Killarney and one night in dingle. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly giving you the ultimate adventure travel experience.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- Blarney Castle
DATES & PRICES5 Days from €1100. Full Details
- Mountain Hiking, Coastal Paths on Ireland' Wild Atlantic Way
Good fitness level required
4 hour Coastal Cycles
5 hour Hill-Walks
Suitable for active people
- 3-star and 4-star B&B and Hotel accommodation.
ITINERARY & MAP
- The 5 day tour begins in Cork City and the first visit is Blarney Castle and Gardens. In the afternoon the tour travels into the heart of West Cork where you will enjoy a three-hour hike across a low mountain pass. This is a relatively gentle hike and it will get you warmed up for the adventures ahead. On the first night the tour stays in West Cork.
- On the second day of your Adventure Holiday there is a hike in the awe inspiring Beara Peninsula. The hike follows a section of the Beara way and crosses over the Slieve Miskish Mountains. The hike is over mixed terrain including country lanes, forested tracks and open mountain. It is a very enjoyable hike with rewarding views looking down over secluded beaches and colourful villages on the beautiful west Cork peninsula. In the evening you will be treated to a spectacular drive as you travel to the centre of Ireland's outdoor Adventure, Killarney. Here you will spend the second night of the tour.
- Day three of this Adventure tour will be a day to remember, today you conquer Ireland's highest mountain, Carrauntoohil. The hike takes 5-hours and the mountain does not yield easily but the rewards on top of Carrauntoohil are fully worth the effort. On the summit there are 360° panoramic views of Ireland's Southwest. If you prefer a gentler walk there is a less challenging but still spectacular hike in the wonderfully named hags glen. On the third night you will again stay in Killarney where you can sip a rewarding pint of Guinness.
- As you will be staying two nights in Killarney you will have ample time to explore the town and the nearby National Park. There are some fantastic places worth visiting including Ross castle and Muckross house and Gardens.
- On day four the tour travels further west to the jewel of Kerry, Dingle town. On route the tour travels to the Stack’s Mountains, between the towns of Castleisland and Tralee, for a really magnificent hike. The hike is through a mixed deciduous Irish woodland in a secluded valley. Here you will walk beneath Oak, Ash and Chestnut trees and slowly climb out of the valley to be greeted with panoramic views of the mountains of Cork and Kerry.
- On day five as the sun rises over the west of Ireland you will be travelling out along the magical Slea head. The final hike of the tour is in the heart of the Kerry Gaeltach (Irish speaking area) in the Dingle Peninsula. It is lovely hike with amazing views, particularly when the hike is on the edge of the rugged Kerry coast line where you will be looking out over the Atlantic Ocean and across to the Blasket Islands. In the afternoon the tour calls to the South Pole Inn, the home of Ireland’s most famous explorer, Tom Crean. In the evening the tour returns to Cork.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €200
DEPARTURE DATE2019 tour date now available
22 April 2019, 06 May 2019, 01 July 2019