- Immerse yourself in Ireland's mountains and forest trails on this 5 day walking tour.
- Soak-up the wonder of Ireland as you hike on beautiful coastal paths.
- Explore the beautiful southwest section of Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way.
- Travel along breathtakingly beautiful drives with on board commentary
- Relax and unwind as you experience first-hand the best in Irish culture and hospitality.
- All deposits on 2021 tours are fully refundable up to Jan 2021. See FAQ section for updated T&Cs.
During this 5 Day Hiking Tour you will experience Ireland’s beautiful wild places. The tour is designed for those people who love to Walk and hike and have a love for the outdoors. The tour departs from Cork City and over five days travels west as far as Dingle in county Kerry.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - From Cork City, travel to the hiking centre of Ireland, County Kerry. The hike on day one begins in beautiful mixed woodland. The route continues to an open mountain path leading to the summit, where you will be rewarded with panoramic views of the lakes of Killarney. On the return we take an alternate route to visit Torc Waterfall. The hike takes approximately 4 hours and is a perfect opener to the tour. After lunch the tour calls to Muckross National Park. Here you visit Muckross Abbey and the gardens of Muckross House. Tonight’s accommodation is in Killarney.
- Day 2 – Today is a wonderful itinerary with zero time spent in the tour vehicle. We begin with a short hike to Ross Castle. This is followed by a boat trip on the three lakes of Killarney, giving you a chance to enjoy the scenery and spot local wildlife. In the afternoon, hike through two spectacular glaciated valleys. At the end of the hike, the tour arrives at the nights’ accommodation. The accommodation is a locally owned B&B, which is wonderfully nestled at the foot of the mountains in the Bridia Valley. This is a perfect place to relax and unwind on the second night of the tour.
- Day 3 – Day three of the tour is certainly one of the highlights. Today’s hike is to the top of Ireland’s highest mountain, Carrauntoohil. Carrauntoohil stands at 1,040 meters and forms part of the Macgillycuddy Reeks mountain range. The route to the summit is one of the lesser-used but more enjoyable. The hike begins from the previous nights’ accommodation and very quickly begins to gain height on a broad ridge. Gradually the ground steepens and the effort required increases. After approximately 3.5 hours of hiking, you will be on an open ridge between Ireland’s three highest peaks. At the summit there are views of the winding Wild Atlantic Way that will take your breath away. The descent takes an alternative route where you will be rewarded with views of the Black Valley and the Hags Glen. The day is a challenging but very rewarding endeavour. A less strenuous hike is available on day 3 for those who prefer a more leisurely day. Tonight’s accommodation is in Dingle.
- Day 4 - Travel on the spectacular Slea Head Drive along the Dingle Peninsula. This is a magical part of Ireland with ancient monuments and amazing views that leave long-lasting memories. Today’s hike is on a magnificent section of the Dingle Way. The hike lasts 4 hours, after which the tour calls to Gallarus Oratory, a stone-built 9th century Christian Church. Tonight’s accommodation is in Dingle, where you will have time to explore this vibrant harbour town, sample a Guinness, and enjoy some traditional music.
- Day 5 – On the final day of the tour, we hike through a ‘secret valley’ in Stack’s Mountains. The hike is through a mixed deciduous Irish woodland of oak, ash, and chestnut trees. The walk rises slowly, climbing out of the valley, where you are greeted with panoramic views of the mountains of Cork and Kerry. This is a very special hike and is one of Ireland’s hidden gems. In the evening, the tour returns to Cork City.
- All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly giving you the ultimate adventure travel experience.
- The price of the 5 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €200
DEPARTURE DATEScheduled departures
24 - 28 May 2021 & 05 - 09 July 2021