- The 5 Day Hiker Tour begins in Cork City and it travels along the Wild Atlantic Way through counties Cork and Kerry as far as the Dingle peninsula. On each day of the Adventure Tour there is a fantastic hike.
- Immerse yourself in Ireland's Mountains, trails and coastal paths. During the 5 days you will hike, trek and walk through Ireland's dramatic landscapes and experience the best of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.
- Soak-up the wonder of Ireland as you hike along her most beautiful peninsulas, passing through picturesque villages and witnessing breath-taking scenery on Ireland’s West coast.
- Relax and unwind at the end of each day's adventures as you experience first-hand the best in Irish culture and hospitality. Savour the bountiful gourmet food on offer and sample a pint of Guinness.
- The price of the 5 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour.
During this 5 Day Hiking Tour you will experience and hike through Ireland’s most beautiful wild places. The tour includes some of the region’s best walks located in stunning locations. The tour is designed for those people who love to hike and have a love for the outdoors. The tour departs from Cork City and over the five days travels west as far as Dingle in county Kerry. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly giving you the ultimate adventure travel experience.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- Blarney Castle
DATES & PRICES5 Days from €1100. Full Details
- Mountain Hiking, Coastal Paths on Ireland' Wild Atlantic Way
Good fitness level required
4 hour Coastal Cycles
5 hour Hill-Walks
Suitable for active people
- 3-star and 4-star B&B and Hotel accommodation.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - The tour begins in Cork City and the first destination is Blarney Castle and Gardens. Here there is time to explore the Castle and grounds as well as kiss the famous Blarney stone. In the afternoon the tour travels to West Cork where you will enjoy a wonderful hike in the lowlands of the West Cork mountains. This is a relatively gentle hike and it will get you warmed up for the adventures ahead. On the first night the tour stays in a hotel in scenic West Cork.
- Day 2 – On the second day the tour travels from West Cork into Kerry. Today’s hike is on a mountain path in the heart of Killarney National Park. The hike passes beneath rolling mountains and through ancient Oak forests. It is a very scenic and enjoyable hike with rewarding views. On the second night the tour stays in Killarney the home of Ireland's outdoor Adventure.
- Day 3 - Day three of the adventure tour will be a day to remember. The day begins with a boat ride through the spectacular lakes of Killarney. On the boat trip there is fantastic scenery and it is a great opportunity to spot the areas wildlife. In the afternoon you will hike through secluded and breathtakingly beautiful valleys. At the end of the walk you arrive to your accommodation. The accommodation, a local owned B&B, is wonderfully nestled under the mountains and it is a perfect place to relax and unwind on the third night.
- Day 4 - Today the hiking tour travels further into county Kerry as we visit the Stack’s Mountains, located between the towns of Castleisland and Tralee. Here you will hike in a ‘secret valley’. The hike is through mixed deciduous Irish woodland of Oak, Ash and Chestnut trees. The walk rises slowly climbing out of the valley to be greeted with panoramic views of the mountains of Cork and Kerry. The tour then travels to the famous Tralee where you stay on the fourth night.
- Day 5 – On the final day of the tour you will travel into one of the most spectacular regions of Ireland, Slea Head on the Dingle Peninsula. On day 5 there is a magnificent hike with amazing views, particularly as you hike along the rugged Kerry coast line. This is a magical part of Ireland with ancient monuments and views that will remain with you long after you leave. In the afternoon the tour calls to the South Pole Inn, the home of Ireland’s most famous explorer, Tom Crean. In the evening the tour returns to Cork.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €200
DEPARTURE DATE2019 tour date now available
06 May 2019, 17 June 2019, 01 July 2019, 26 August 2019