- The 5 Day Hiker Tour begins in Cork City and it travels along the Wild Atlantic Way. It explores the hiking Centre of Ireland, County Kerry. On each day of the Adventure Tour there is a fantastic hike.
- Immerse yourself in Ireland's Mountains trails and coastal paths. During the 5 days you will hike, trek and walk through Ireland's dramatic landscapes and experience the best of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.
- Soak-up the wonder of Ireland as you hike along her most beautiful peninsulas, passing through picturesque villages and witnessing breath-taking scenery on Ireland’s West coast.
- Relax and unwind at the end of each day's adventures as you experience first-hand the best in Irish culture and hospitality. Savour the bountiful gourmet food on offer and sample a pint of Guinness.
- The price of the 5 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour.
- To book your 2020 adventure tour contact us at email@example.com
During this 5 Day Hiking Tour you will experience and hike through Ireland’s beautiful wild places. The tour includes some of the region’s best walks located in stunning locations. The tour is designed for those people who love to hike and have a love for the outdoors. The tour departs from Cork City and over five days travels west as far as Dingle in county Kerry. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly giving you the ultimate adventure travel experience.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- Blarney Castle
DATES & PRICES5 Days from €1100. Full Details
- Mountain Hiking, Coastal Paths on Ireland' Wild Atlantic Way
Good fitness level required
4 hour Coastal Cycles
5 hour Hill-Walks
Suitable for active people
- 3-star and 4-star B&B and Hotel accommodation.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - The tour begins in Cork City and travels to the hiking Centre of Ireland, County Kerry. The hike today begins in mixed woodland, leading to a mountain pass and then a trek up to the mountain summit. The hike takes about 3.5 hours and requires some effort on the uphill sections. The reward at the summit is of some excellent panoramic views. After the hike in the late afternoon the tour calls to Muckross National Park. Here the tour visits Muckross Abbey and the grounds and gardens of Muckross House. The tour stays in Killarney on the first night.
- Day 2 – On day two there is no time spent any time in the tour vehicle. The day begins with a boat ride up through the three lakes of Killarney. On the boat trip there is fantastic scenery and it is a great opportunity to spot the areas wildlife. In the afternoon there is a hike with beautiful scenery through not one but two spectacular glaciated valleys. At the end of the walk the tour arrives to the nights’ accommodation. The accommodation, a locally owned B&B, is wonderfully nestled under the mountains and it is a perfect place to relax and unwind on the third night.
- Day 3 - Day three of the tour is certainly one of the highlights. Today’s hike is to the top of Ireland’s highest mountain, Carrauntoohil. Carrauntoohil stands at 1,040 meters and forms part of the Macgillycuddy reeks Mountain range. The route the tour takes is one of the lesser used but most enjoyable routes to the summit. The hike begins from the previous nights’ accommodation and very quickly we begin to gain height on a broad ridge. Gradually the ground begins to steepen, and the effort required increase. After about 3.5 hours you will be on an open ridge between Ireland highest peaks. At the top of the mountain there are views of the winding Wild Atlantic Way that will take your breath away. The decent takes an alternative route where you will be rewarded with more fantastic views out over the Black valley and the Hags Glen. The day is a challenging but a very rewarding endeavor.
- Day 4 - On day four the tour travels to the spectacular Slea Head on the Dingle Peninsula. This is a magical part of Ireland with ancient monuments and amazing views that leave long lasting memories. Today’s hike is on a magnificent section of the Dingle way. The tour calls to some ancient sites and there is time to explore the wonderful harbor town of Dingle where the tour stays on the fourth night.
- Day 5 – On the final day of the tour the hike is in a ‘secret valley’ in the Stack’s Mountains. The hike is through mixed deciduous Irish woodland of Oak, Ash and Chestnut trees. The walk rises slowly climbing out of the valley to be greeted with panoramic views of the mountains of Cork and Kerry. This is a very special hike and a great way to finish the tour. In the evening the tour returns to Cork city.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €200
DEPARTURE DATE2020 tour date now available
18 May 2020 & 06 July 2020