- Enjoy the best of Ireland’s walking tours along amazing coastlines, experience the wild and windswept cliffs of Ireland’s west coast.
- Cycle in spectacular Peninsulas carved into dazzling shapes over millennia by the wild Atlantic Ocean.
- Travel through diverse landscapes and visit the most spectacular sites along the world famous Ring of Kerry.
- Receive unparalleled Irish hospitality and savour the best Irish towns and quaint fishing villages including Castletownbere, Killarney and Dingle.
- Option of visiting the UNESCO World Heritage site and Star Wars location, Skellig Micheal.
During this six day Adventure Tour, you will experience the best of Ireland along the southern stretches of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. You will cycle and hike in the best parts of the Rebel and Kingdom counties of Cork and Kerry. Throughout the tour you will see ancient sites, Norman castles and towns alive with literature, music and stories. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, giving you the ultimate adventure travel experience while seeing some of hidden Ireland.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
DATES & PRICES6 Days from €1300 Full Details
- Ireland Walking Tours and Ireland Bike Tours
Moderate fitness level required
Coastal Cycles and Trail Walks
Suitable for active people
- 3* and 4* Bed and breakfast
ITINERARY & MAP
- On day one of this small group tour of Ireland you will visit Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone. From here you will travel into West Cork to Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Here you will take a gentle hike on the spectacular Sheep’s Head Peninsula to get you warmed up for the fantastic adventures ahead. You will travel around Bantry Bay and get a taste of it’s rich history from the failed Wolfe Tone landing of 1798 to other local tales.
- Day two of your Adventure Holiday in Ireland begins with a short boat ride to the scent filled "sub-tropical" gardens of Garnish Island. As you tour the peaceful gardens your senses will be set tingling. After lunch you will soak up the awesome views and colourful villages of the Beara peninsula. You can breathe the fresh clean air and sample the rich hedgerows as you cycle the magical Irish coastline in the beautiful Beara Peninsula.
- On the third day, following an overnight stay in Kenmare (In Irish its named “Neidin”, meaning nestled among the mountains) you will be taken into the Iveragh Peninsula to explore the world famous Ring of Kerry with its dazzling beaches and rugged beauty. Walk through the portal of 2000 year old stone forts, visit the homes of Irish revolutionaries and the favourite holiday spots of Hollywood greats. Optional boat ride around the UNESCO World Heritage site and Star Wars location, Skellig Micheal (€50 extra – weather dependent).
- Day four of the tour begins in the beautifully secluded Bridia Valley. This is a very special place with ancient rock art and a lineage to ancient folklore. From here you will hike along the way taken by the folklore legend Oisín, son of Fionn, through the stunning Bridia and Black valleys towards the spectacular Lakes of Killarney. For the more energetic and adventurous, there is an option to hike to the top of Carrauntoohil, Ireland’s tallest mountain. From here, enjoy panoramic views of the southwest of Ireland. Afterwards, you can relax and unwind with a well-earned pint of Guinness in Killarney town.
- During day five you will get real sense of this regions boundless energy and exquisite beauty. Beginning with the wonder of Killarney National Park and Muckross House and Gardens. If you keep your eyes peeled, you may spot some wild deer and maybe an eagle as you explore Killarney National Park by bike. Later you will travel along a spectacular section of the Wild Atlantic Way heading further west to the jewel of Kerry, Dingle town.
- On day six as morning breaks and the sun rises over magical Kerry, you will kayak out into Dingle Bay and maybe spot Ireland’s friendliest Dolphin, Fungi. If you prefer, you can cycle the spectacular Slea head. Take lunch in the South Pole Inn, the home of Ireland’s most famous explorer, Tom Crean, before returning to your starting point after partaking in one of the best Adventure Holidays in Ireland.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks. Optional boat ride around the UNESCO World Heritage site Skellig Micheal (€50 extra – weather dependent)
Single Supplement: €250
14 May, 04 June, 02 July, 06 August