- Experience Ireland's magic as you cycle along stunning Irish coast lines in Cork, Kerry, Galway and Mayo. Travel through unimaginably rugged and beautiful Landscapes carved from ice.
- Get a real feeling for this ancient land as you hike its paths and trails, including a breath-taking hike to the stunning Cliffs of Moher where you can watch the powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash far below, the best of Ireland walking tour.
- Travel across the waves and visit Ireland’s unique Islands, including the Island of Inis Mór where you will visit the Celtic fortress of Dun Aengus.
- Look out over the splendour of Connemara, its countless lakes and its beautiful coast line, from the top of one of Diamond hill.
- For the duration of this small group tour of Ireland, travel in comfort and experience true Irish hospitality in Dingle, Galway and Westport.
- The price of this 8 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour. The activities on this tour are hiking, cycling and boat trips.
- Enquire today to book your place on our remaining 8-Day Adventure Tours, departing Cork on the 20th of August. 2019 tour dates now available.
On this 8 day Adventure tour you will get a true sense of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Your experience will not be through the bus window; you will witness its immense beauty as you traverse by foot the rugged west and best of Ireland’s coast line and as you sail the waterways that flow beneath the peaks of the Kerry Mountains. You will breathe in the scent filled air of the rare alpine flowers in the unique habitat that the Burren limestone pavement provides. Throughout the 8 days you will partake in the best biking and hiking Ireland has to offer. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, giving you the ultimate adventure holiday experience.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- The Cliffs of Moher
- The Aran Islands
DATES & PRICES8 Days from €1700 Full Details
- Hiking, Biking and Boat trips on Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way
Moderate fitness level required
Coastal Cycle and Trail Walk
4 hour Hillwalk
Suitable for active people
- 3 and 4 star B&B and Hotel accommodation.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Your tour begins in Cork City. On day one you will visit the world famous Blarney Castle and its wonderful grounds and gardens. In the afternoon the tour travels into west Cork to Join the Wild Atlantic Way. Today’s activity will be a gentle hike to get you warmed up for the adventures ahead.
- On the second day of your tour you will wake up in the heart of West Cork to the clear air blown in from the vast Atlantic Ocean. Here on the southern tip of Ireland the Ocean meets the Gulf Stream, and the micro-climate allows for lush vegetation. On the morning of the second day you will enjoy a cycle along Ireland’s coastal edge. In the afternoon you will take a leisurely stroll around the gardens on the magical Garnish Island.
- The third day of the tour is a real gem as we cross from the Rebel County of Cork into the Kingdom of Kerry. Today you will have minimal time in the tour bus. You will hike in Killarney's National Park through ancient oak woodland, pass breath-taking views of the Kerry Mountains. In the afternoon you will experience the wonder of the National Park as you take a boat ride down through its lakes arriving into Killarney in unique style. Tonight you are sure to enjoy the craic in Killarney town.
- Day four begins with a cycle around Muckross House and Gardens. This is by far the best way to explore this area. You will then travel west from Killarney to the salty fresh-air playground of Inch Beach. If you fancy the surf then you can take a life affirming plunge in the Ocean. Then comes An Daingean, Dingle, this once quiet fishing village is now one of the best towns to visit in Ireland. From Dingle there is a great trip around Slea head.
- On day five the tour travels into the Banner County of Clare and as we head northwards on this coastline you will find yourself gazing out to sea towards the Aran Islands and beyond. Today you will hike along an awe inspiring path perched high above the Sea to the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. Then we visit the Burren, a spectacular lunar like karst limestone landscape and a World Heritage Site, before we march from the Banner County into the City of the Tribes, Galway.
- After what will surely be a memorable night in Galway City, day six will be another very special treat. From Galway, we dive deep into Connemara to catch the ferry and travel across the waves the short distance out into the Atlantic to visit Inis Mór- the largest of the Aran Islands. Here we slow down to the pace of Island life. On Inis Mór you will cycle and quiet country roads passing field after field enclosed by dry stone walls creating a masterful tapestry for your eyes to feast on. Your breath will be taken away by the Iron Age ring fort, Dun Aengus, perched on the edge of a 300-foot high cliff. Returning to the mainland you will snake slowly through scenic Connemara - a place of fantastic colours, wilderness and warm welcomes.
- Day seven you will further explore the magic of Connemara. The land here is made up of blanket bogs, countless lakes, sandy beaches and mountain ranges. You will travel under the Maumturk Mountains, the Twelve Ben Mountains and pass along the most spectacular of Ireland’s three fjords, Killary Harbour. Today's activity is a hike on one of Connemaras many hills. In the evening we enter County Mayo along the edge of Doo Lough, we will take a breather and perhaps remember the unfortunate famine victims who walked the same route over 170 years hence, before ploughing on and finishing in Westport.
- The adventures continue on the last day of the tour. On the eight day you will cycle along Ireland’s original Greenway cycle path. This is a beautiful cycle that travels out to achill island. There is also a treat or two in store on your route back to Cork to the finishing point of the best Adventure Holiday in Ireland.
Central Cork City Location.
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €315
DEPARTURE DATE2019 tour date now available
03 June 2019, 05 August 2019