- Discover beautiful landscapes as you hike and cycle on Ireland Wild Atlantic Way.
- Escape the crowds at lesser visited locations.
- Explore stunning coastlines and voyage across the waves to Ireland’s unique Islands.
- Indulge in Irish hospitality, cuisine and culture. Visit Dingle, Galway and Westport.
- Witness the history and culture of this ancient land come to life as it is interrupted by your local guide.
- Travel along breathtakingly beautiful drives in a comfortable minibus with on board commentary.
- Flexible booking and rescheduling options.
Discover the unique island of Ireland as you explore the Wild Atlantic Way from Cork in the South to Achill in the Northwest. Enjoy guided hikes, cycles and boat trips.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - Begin in Cork City and visit the world-famous Blarney Castle. Explore the castle's wonderful grounds and gardens and kiss the Blarney Stone. Travel to West Cork for lunch in a local café. The activity on day one is a hike on the magical Sheep’s Head Peninsula, which is a place of outstanding beauty. The hike is a perfect opener for the adventures ahead. Tonight’s accommodation is in a West Cork Hotel.
- Day 2 - Wake in the heart of West Cork. Today's activity is a cycle on the quiet roads on the western tip of the Beara Peninsula. The roads here wind slowly along Ireland’s coastal edge, gently rising and falling to reveal awesome views around each corner. Lunch is in the small fishing village of Castletownbere. After lunch, drive along a scenic route to Kenmare. Explore this heritage town and visit an ancient stone circle. Continue on what is one of the most spectacular drives in Ireland, through Moll’s Gap and Ladies’ view to Killarney. Tonight’s accommodation is in Killarney.
- Day 3 - Today is a real gem with minimal time spent in the tour bus. Firstly, there is a boat trip through the lakes of Killarney followed by a cycle through the Gap of Dunloe. On the boat trip there is magnificent wildlife to be seen. Watch out for native Red Deer and the recently reintroduced White-tailed Eagles. Coffee at Lord Brandon’s Cottage is followed by a 15-minute walk to the ‘Head of the Gap’. Then it is pure joy on a cycle through a spectacularly formed glaciated valley. The cycle through the Gap of Dunloe will certainly be one you’ll remember. The final section of the cycle is through the wonderful woodlands of Killarney National Park. Tonight’s accommodation is in Killarney. Killarney town is set on the edge of Killarney National Park, which is a perfect place for a stroll. The town has great eating options and excellent Irish bars.
- Day 4 - Begin with a hike in the heart of Muckross National Park. Stroll around the park visiting Muckross Abbey and the gardens of Muckross House. Then travel west from Killarney to the salty fresh-air playground of Inch Beach. Here take a life-affirming plunge in the Atlantic Ocean or play Ireland’s national sport ‘Hurling’. After lunch, travel on the wild and beautiful Slea Head Drive. Here we stop for a hike along the rugged Atlantic coastline. Tonight’s accommodation is in Dingle. Dingle was once a quiet fishing village. Today it is a vibrant town with much to offer, boasting excellent restaurants and bars with live traditional music.
- Day 5 - In the morning, travel north and cross the Shannon Estuary by ferry into County Clare. Hike along an awe-inspiring path perched high above the sea. On the hike there are fantastic views out to sea towards the Aran Islands. This is a lesser travelled path to the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. After a visit to the Cliffs of Moher interpretive Centre, the tour travels the short distance to Doolin for lunch. We then visit the Burren, a spectacular lunar-like karst limestone landscape and a World Heritage Site. Tonight’s accommodation is in a boutique County Clare Hotel.
- Day 6 - From Doolin, take a boat across the waves to Inis Mór, the largest of the Aran Islands. On Inis Mór we slow down to the pace of Island life. Travel on quiet country roads, passing field after field enclosed by dry stone walls, creating a masterful tapestry for the eyes to feast on. Visit the fabulous Iron Age ring fort of Dun Aengus, perched on the edge of a 300-foot high cliff. From Dun Aengus, hike along the Atlantic’s edge through fields, rocky beaches, and green roads. After a day exploring Inis Mór, return via boat to Connemara in County Galway. Here we travel slowly through scenic Connemara, a place of fantastic colours, wilderness, and warm welcomes. Tonight’s accommodation is in a Connemara hotel.
- Day 7 - Explore the magic of Connemara, beginning with a hike in Connemara National Park. This is an excellent hike to the top of Diamond Hill, from the summit of which are breathtakingly beautiful views of the landscape below. The landscape is a mixture of blanket bogs, countless lakes, and sandy beaches. After lunch, visit Kylemore Abbey & the Victorian Walled Garden. In the early evening, drive along the spectacular Killary Fjord before we enter County Mayo. Travel along the banks of Doo Lough where we will take a breather and perhaps remember the unfortunate famine victims who walked the same route over 170 years before. From Doo Lough we continue north to meet Clew Bay. Tonight’s accommodation is in Westport.
- Day 8 - Travel the short distance from Westport to Newport, where the adventure continues on the final day. In Newport we again take our bikes for a cycle along Ireland’s original Greenway cycle path. The route travels through Mulranny to Achill Island. It is a fantastic cycle and a great activity to complete the adventure tour. After the cycle there is lunch in a local Newport Café. The tour returns to Dublin.
- All Beyond the Glass Adventure Tour guides are qualified, knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, giving you the ultimate adventure holiday experience. Contact James at email@example.com for further information.
- The price of this 8 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour.
Saint Patrick's Quay, Victorian Quarter, Cork City.
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €315
DEPARTURE DATEScheduled departure dates
2 - 9 May 2022, 27 June - 4 July 2022 & 8 - 15 August 2022