- The 8 Day Explorer Tour begins in Cork City and explores the west coast of Ireland. On each day of the adventure tour there is a hike or cycle in a stunning location. The tour calls to the top Wild Atlantic Way discovery points along the route from Cork to Westport, Co Mayo.
- Explore magical Ireland as you cycle along stunning coast lines in Cork, Kerry, Galway and Mayo. Travel through unimaginably rugged and beautiful Landscapes.
- Discover the splendour of Connemara, its countless lakes and its beautiful coast line, from the top of one of its many hill tops.
- Voyage by boat across the waves and visit some of Ireland’s unique Islands, including the Island of Inis Mór where you will visit the Celtic fortress of Dun Aengus.
- Experience this ancient land as you hike its paths and trails, including a breath-taking hike to the stunning Cliffs of Moher where you can watch the powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash far below, the best of Ireland walking tour.
- Indulge in Irish hospitality, culture and food in Dingle, Galway and Westport. Relax and travel in comfort throughout this small group tour of Ireland.
- The price of this 8 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour. The activities on this tour are hiking, cycling and boat trips.
- There are places available on the 8 Day Explorer Tour leaving Cork on the 05 August 2019. To book your place on this tour contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
During the 8 Day Explorer Tour you will get a true sense of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Your experience of Ireland will not be through the bus window; you will witness her immense beauty as you traverse by foot along rugged coast lines and as you sail the waterways that flow beneath the peaks of the Kerry Mountains. You will savour the unique habitat of the Burren as you walk on its karst limestone pavement and breathe in the scent filled air from the rare flowers that the Burren supports. Throughout the 8 days you will partake in the best biking and hiking Ireland has to offer. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are qualified, knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, giving you the ultimate adventure holiday experience.
- Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- The Cliffs of Moher
- The Aran Islands
DATES & PRICES8 Days from €1700 Full Details
- Hiking, Biking and Boat trips on Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way
Moderate fitness level required
Coastal Cycle and Trail Walk
4 hour Hillwalk
Suitable for active people
- 3 and 4 star B&B and Hotel accommodation.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - This tour begins in Cork City and the first port of call is a visit to the world famous Blarney Castle. Here you can explore the Castle, its wonderful grounds and gardens. You will of course get the opportunity to kiss the Blarney Stone. In the afternoon the tour travels into West Cork. The activity on day one is a hike on the spectacular Sheep's Head Peninsula. This is a really amazing hike with magnificent views. During the hike you will get your first glimpses of the Wild Atlantic Way, it is a perfect opening to the 8 Day Adventure Tour. On the first night of the tour the tour stays in a hotel located in scenic west cork.
- Day 2 - On the second day the tour begins in the heart of West Cork. Today's activity is a cycle on the quiet roads on the western tip of the Beara peninsula. The roads here wind slowly along Ireland’s coastal edge, gently rising and falling revealing awesome views around each corner. In the afternoon the tour calls to Garnish Island where there will be time to take a leisurely stroll around the Islands picturesque gardens. Garnish is located on the south western tip of Ireland where the Gulf Stream keeps the weather mild, this allows the wide array of flowers, shrubs and trees that are planted on Garnish Island to flourish. On the second night the tour stays in Killarney.
- Day 3 - The third day of the tour is a real gem and today there is minimal time in the tour bus. There is both a fantastic boat trip through the lakes of Killarney and a hike in Killarney's National Park. On the boat ride there is an opportunity to spot some of Kerry’s magnificent wildlife, the highlights being the native Red Deer and the recently reintroduced white-tailed Eagles. The hike is through ancient oak woodland and passes breath-taking views of the Kerry Mountains. On the third night the tour again stays in Killarney. The town is set on the edge of Killarney national Park which is a perfect place for an evening or morning stroll. The town has great eating options and excellent Irish Bars.
- Day 4 - On the morning of day four the the tour begins with a cycle around Muckross House and Gardens. This is by far the best way to explore the area, during the cycle you will visit Muckross Abbey, Muckross House and Cycle around the lakes of Killarney. In the afternoon the tour travels west from Killarney to the salty fresh-air playground of Inch Beach. If you fancy the surf then you can take a life affirming plunge in the Ocean. The tour then continues with the breathtakingly beautiful drive around the wild and beautiful Slea Head. The tour stays in Dingle on the fourth night. Dingle was once a quiet fishing village, today it is a vibrant town with much to offer, boasting excellent restaurants and lively bars with live traditional music.
- Day 5 - Today the tour travels north through county Kerry. The tour crosses the Shannon estuary by ferry into the Banner County of Clare. Today there is hike from Liscannor along an awe-inspiring path perched high above the Sea. On the hike fantastic views open up out to sea towards the Aran Islands. This is an amazing and less traveled way to reach the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. After a visit to the Cliffs of Moher interpretive Centre the tour calls to Doolin for lunch. Then the tour visits the Burren, a spectacular lunar like karst limestone landscape and a World Heritage Site, before the tour marches from the Banner County into the City of the Tribes, Galway. The tour stays in Galway on the fifth night
- Day 6 - After what will surely be a memorable night in Galway City day 6 will be another very special treat. From Galway, the tour travels deep into Connemara to catch the ferry and we sail the short distance to Inis Mór- the largest of the Aran Islands. Here we slow to the pace of Island life, The majority of day 6 is spent exploring the island. There is a cycle on the quiet country roads passing field after field enclosed by dry stone walls creating a masterful tapestry for the eyes to feast on. Your breath will be taken away by the Iron Age ring fort of Dun Aengus, perched on the edge of a 300-foot high cliff. Returning to the mainland you will snake slowly through scenic Connemara - a place of fantastic colours, wilderness and warm welcomes.
- Day 7 - On day seven the tour further explores the magic of Connemara. The land here is made up of blanket bogs, countless lakes, sandy beaches and mountain ranges. We will travel under the Maumturk Mountains, the Twelve Ben Mountains and pass along the spectacular Killary fjord. Today's activity is a hike on one of Connemaras many hills, on the hike there are spectacular views out over Connemara's spectacular landscape. In the evening the tour enters County Mayo and travels along the banks of Doo Lough, here we will take a breather and perhaps remember the unfortunate famine victims who walked the same route over 170 years hence. From Doo Lough the tour continues north to meet Clew bay and Westport where the tour spends the night.
- Day 8 - The adventure continues on the final day of the tour. In the morning the tour travels the short distance from Westport to Newport. In Newport the tour again takes to the bikes for a cycle along Ireland’s original Greenway cycle path. The route travels from Newport out past Mulranny to Achill island. This is a fantastic cycle and a great activity to complete the adventure tour. After the Cycle there is lunch in a local Newport Café before the tour begins its journey back to Cork city. There is the option to choose Dublin as the finishing point.
Central Cork City Location.
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €315
DEPARTURE DATEFinal available 2019 tour
05 August 2019