- Discover the splendour of the west coast of Ireland.
- Explore stunning coastlines and travel through beautiful Landscapes.
- Voyage across the waves to Ireland’s unique Islands.
- Experience Ireland's best hiking and biking routes.
- Indulge in Irish hospitality, cuisine and culture.
- Relax and travel in comfort on this small group tour.
- Visit the towns of Dingle, Galway and Westport.
- The price of this 8 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour. The activities on this tour are hiking, cycling and boat trips.
- Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
On this tour you will get a true sense of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Your experience will not be through the bus window. Over the 8 days you will partake in the best biking and hiking Ireland has to offer. Travel from Cork to Achill in county Mayo and visit the key discovery points along the route. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are qualified, knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, giving you the ultimate adventure holiday experience.
- The Wild Atlantic Way
- Dingle, Killarney and Galway
- West Cork, Cliffs of Moher and Aran Islands
DATES & PRICES8 Days from €1700 Full Details
- Hiking, Biking and Boat trips.
Moderate fitness level required.
- 3 and 4 star.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - The tour begins in Cork City; the first visit is to the world-famous Blarney Castle. Here you will explore the Castle, its wonderful gardens and of course kiss the Blarney Stone. In the afternoon the tour travels to beautiful West Cork. The activity on the first day is a hike on the spectacular Sheep's Head Peninsula. This is an amazing hike on which you will get your first glimpses of the magnificent Wild Atlantic Way, it is a perfect opening to the 8 Day Adventure Tour. The first nights’accommodation is a hotel in scenic west cork.
- Day 2 - Today's activity is a cycle on the quiet country roads of the Beara peninsula. Here the roads wind slowly along Ireland’s coastal edge, gently rising and falling revealing awesome views around each corner. This is a cycle you will remember. After lunch the tour travels to the heritage town of Kenmare where you can explore the town, visit one of its boutique stores or grab a refreshing locally made ice-cream. The tour then travels to Killarney on a spectacular driving route, over the mountains through Molls Gap, Ladies View and down into Killarney town. On the second night the tour stays in Killarney.
- Day 3 – Today there is minimal time in the tour bus. To begin there is boat trip on the lakes of Killarney. It is a real treat for all nature lovers. After the boat trip you will cycle trough the Gap of Dunloe. To get to the start of the cycle there is a 15-minute walk to the ‘Head of the Gap’ from where the cycle begins. You will bike between the mountains of a glaciated valley, it is pure joy. The route enters wonderful woodlands as you near Killarney which is a lovely way to complete the loop. On the third night the tour again stays in Killarney. The town is set on the edge of Killarney National Park and has great eating options and excellent Irish Bars.
- Day 4 - Day four begins with a short hike around Killarney National Park it includes a visit to Muckross Abbey and the gardens of Muckross House. The tour then calls to Inch Beach, here you can take a life affirming plunge in the Atlantic Ocean or try your hand at Ireland’s national sport ‘Hurling’. The tour continues with a drive around the breathtakingly beautiful Slea Head. On Slea head there is a two-hour hike along the rugged Atlantic coastline. The tour stays in Dingle on the fourth night. Dingle is a vibrant town with excellent restaurants and lively bars with live traditional music.
- Day 5 - Today the tour travels across the Shannon estuary to the Banner County of Clare. From Liscannor we begin a hike along the Cliffs of Moher. On the hike fantastic views open up across Sea towards the Aran Islands. This is an amazing and less travelled way to reach the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. After lunch the tour visits the Burren, a spectacular lunar like limestone landscape and a World Heritage Site. Then the tour marches from the Banner County into the City of the Tribes, Galway where the tour stays on the fifth night.
- Day 6 - The tour travels into Connemara where you will board a ferry and sail the short distance to Inis Mór - the largest of the Aran Islands. On Inis Mór we slow to the pace of Island life. There is a cycle on quiet country lanes where we pass field after field enclosed by dry stone walls creating a masterful tapestry for the eyes to feast on. Your breath will be taken away by the Iron Age ring fort of Dun Aengus which is perched on the edge of a 300-foot high cliff. Returning to the mainland the tour travels through scenic Connemara - a place of fantastic colours, wilderness and warm welcomes.
- Day 7 - Today we further explore the magic of Connemara. The day begins with a hike in Connemara National Park, this is an excellent hike with breath-taking views of the landscape that stretches out below. The landscape is a mixture of blanket bogs, countless lakes, sandy beaches and mountain ranges. After lunch the tour visits Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden. In the evening the tour enters County Mayo and travels along the banks of Doo Lough, here we will remember the unfortunate famine victims who walked the same route over 170 years hence. From Doo Lough the tour continues north to meet Clew bay and the town of Westport where the tour spends the night.
- Day 8 - In the morning the tour travels the short distance from Westport to Newport. From Newport there is a cycle along Ireland’s original Greenway cycle path. The route travels from Newport to Mulranny and onto Achill island. This is a fantastic cycle and a great activity to complete the adventure tour. After the Cycle there is lunch in a local Newport Café before the tour begins its journey to Dublin.
Central Cork City Location.
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €315
DEPARTURE DATEScheduled departure dates
22 June 2020, 20 July & 24 August 2020