- The 8 Day Explorer Tour begins in Cork City. The tour travels north along the west coast of Ireland as far as Westport county Mayo. The tour calls to the top Wild Atlantic Way discovery points along the route. On each day of the adventure tour there is a hike or cycle in a stunning location.
- Explore magical Ireland as you cycle along stunning coast lines in Cork, Kerry, Galway and Mayo. Travel through unimaginably rugged and beautiful Landscapes.
- Discover the splendour of Connemara, its countless lakes and its beautiful coast line, from the top of one of its many hill tops.
- Voyage by boat across the waves and visit some of Ireland’s unique Islands, including the Island of Inis Mór where you will visit the Celtic fortress of Dun Aengus.
- Experience this ancient land as you hike its paths and trails, including a breath-taking hike to the stunning Cliffs of Moher where you can watch the powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash far below, the best of Ireland walking tour.
- Indulge in Irish hospitality, culture and food in Dingle, Galway and Westport. Relax and travel in comfort throughout this small group tour of Ireland.
- The price of this 8 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour, entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour. The activities on this tour are hiking, cycling and boat trips.
During the 8 Day Explorer Tour you will get a true sense of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Your experience of Ireland will not be through the bus window; you will witness her immense beauty as you traverse by foot along rugged coast lines and as you sail the waterways that flow beneath the peaks of the Kerry Mountains. You will savour the unique habitat of the Burren as you walk on its karst limestone pavement and breathe in the scent filled air from the rare flowers that grow in this unique habitat. Throughout the 8 days you will partake in the best biking and hiking Ireland has to offer. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, giving you the ultimate adventure holiday experience.
- Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- The Cliffs of Moher
- The Aran Islands
DATES & PRICES8 Days from €1700 Full Details
- Hiking, Biking and Boat trips on Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way
Moderate fitness level required
Coastal Cycle and Trail Walk
4 hour Hillwalk
Suitable for active people
- 3 and 4 star B&B and Hotel accommodation.
ITINERARY & MAP
- Day 1 - This tour begins in Cork City and the first port of call is a visit to the world famous Blarney Castle. Here there is time to explore the Castle, its wonderful grounds and gardens as well as the opportunity to kiss the Blarney Stone. In the afternoon the tour travels into West Cork. The activity on day one is a hike in the West Cork mountains. This is a relatively easy hike on gentle slopes from where you will get your first glimpses of the Wild Atlantic Way, it is a perfect opening to the 8 Day Adventure Tour. On the first night of the tour the tour stays in a hotel located in scenic west cork.
- Day 2 - On the second day of the tour you will wake up in the heart of West Cork to the clear air blown in from the Atlantic Ocean. Today's activity is a cycle on the quiet roads of the Beara peninsula. The roads wind slowly along Ireland’s coastal edge, they gently rise and fall revealing awesome views around each corner. In the afternoon the tour calls to Garnish Island where there will be time to take a leisurely stroll around the Islands picturesque gardens. Garnish is located on the south western tip of Ireland where the Gulf Stream keeps the weather mild, this allows the wide array of flowers, shrubs and trees that are planted on Garnish Island to flourish. On the second night the tour stays in Killarney.
- Day 3 - The third day of the tour is a real gem and today there is minimal time in the tour bus. You will hike in Killarney's National Park through ancient oak woodland, pass breath-taking views of the Kerry Mountains. In the afternoon you will experience the wonder of the National Park as you take a boat ride down through its lakes arriving back into Killarney in unique style. On the third night the tour stays again in Killarney where you can enjoy the craic of this lively town.
- Day 4 - Day four begins with a cycle around Muckross House and Gardens. This is by far the best way to explore the area, during the cycle you will visit Muckross Abbey, Muckross House and Cycle around the lakes of Killarney. In the afternoon the tour travels west from Killarney to the salty fresh-air playground of Inch Beach. If you fancy the surf then you can take a life affirming plunge in the Ocean. Then comes An Daingean, Dingle, this once quiet fishing village is now one of the best towns to visit in Ireland. From Dingle there is a great trip around Slea head.
- Day 5 - Today the tour travels into the Banner County of Clare and as we head northwards on this coastline you will find yourself gazing out to sea towards the Aran Islands and beyond. Today's hike is along an awe-inspiring path perched high above the Sea on the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. Then the tour visits the Burren, a spectacular lunar like karst limestone landscape and a World Heritage Site, before the tour marches from the Banner County into the City of the Tribes, Galway. The tour stays in Galway on the fifth night.
- Day 6 - After what will surely be a memorable night in Galway City today will be another very special treat. From Galway, the tour travels deep into Connemara to catch the ferry and travel across the waves the short distance to visit Inis Mór- the largest of the Aran Islands. On Inis Mór the tour slows down to the pace of Island life, here there is a cycle on quiet country roads passing field after field enclosed by dry stone walls creating a masterful tapestry for the eyes to feast on. Your breath will be taken away by the Iron Age ring fort of Dun Aengus, perched on the edge of a 300-foot high cliff. Returning to the mainland you will snake slowly through scenic Connemara - a place of fantastic colours, wilderness and warm welcomes.
- Day 7 - On day seven the tour further explores the magic of Connemara. The land here is made up of blanket bogs, countless lakes, sandy beaches and mountain ranges. We will travel under the Maumturk Mountains, the Twelve Ben Mountains and pass along the spectacular Killary fjord. Today's activity is a hike on one of Connemaras many hills, on the hike there are spectacular views out over Connemara's spectacular landscape. In the evening the tour enters County Mayo and travels along the banks of Doo Lough, here we will take a breather and perhaps remember the unfortunate famine victims who walked the same route over 170 years hence. From Doo Lough the tour continues north to meet Clew bay and Westport where the tour spends the night.
- Day 8 - The adventure continues on the final day of the tour. On the eight day you will cycle along Ireland’s original Greenway cycle path. This is a beautiful cycle that travels from Westport through Newport and out to Achill island. This is a fantastic cycle and a great activity to complete the adventure tour. On the final day the tour returns to Cork city, there is the option to choose Dublin as the finishing point.
Central Cork City Location.
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €315
DEPARTURE DATE2019 tour date now available
03 June 2019, 22 July 2019, 05 August 2019