- The price of this 8 Day tour includes your accommodation and transport for the duration of the tour. The price also includes entrance to all sites and the guided activities on each day of the tour. The activities are hiking, cycling and boat trips.
- Cycle along stunning Irish coast lines in Cork, Kerry, Galway and Mayo. Travel through unimaginably rugged and beautiful Landscapes carved from ice.
- Walk along ancient paths and trails including a breath-taking hike to the stunning Cliffs of Moher where you can watch the powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash far below, the best of Ireland walking tour.
- Travel across the waves to some of Ireland’s magical Islands, including the Island of Inis Mór where you will see the Celtic fortress of Dun Aengus.
- Look out over Clew Bay and its countless islets from the top of Ireland’s Sacred Mountain, Croagh Patrick.
- For the duration of this small group tour of Ireland, travel in comfort and experience true Irish hospitality in Dingle, Galway and Westport.
- Enquire today to book your place on our remaining 8-Day Adventure Tours, departing Cork on the 20th of August. You can choose the option of being returned to Dublin on the final day of your Adventure holiday.
On this 8 day Adventure tour you will get a true sense of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Your experience will not be through the bus window; you will witness its savage beauty as you traverse by foot the rugged west and best of Ireland’s coast line and as you sail the waterways that flow beneath the peaks of the Kerry Mountains. You will breathe in the scent filled air of the rare alpine flowers in the unique habitat that the Burren limestone pavement provides. Throughout the 8 days you will partake in the best of Ireland bike tours. All BEYOND THE GLASS Adventure Tour guides are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, giving you the ultimate adventure holiday experience.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- West Cork
- The Cliffs of Moher
- The Aran Islands
DATES & PRICES8 Days from €1700 Full Details
- Ireland Walking Tours and Ireland Bike Tours
Moderate fitness level required
Coastal Cycle and Trail Walk
4 hour Hillwalk
Suitable for active people
- 3* and 4* Bed and breakfast
ITINERARY & MAP
- For the next eight days you will see some of the most spectacular scenery you will ever encounter. After leaving the starting point in Cork City you will visit the beautiful fishing harbour of Kinsale, one of Ireland’s gourmet towns and the southern starting point of the Wild Atlantic Way. You will then travel deep into the west coast of County Cork calling to ancient fortresses and Neolithic sites. Today’s activity will be a hike along one of the most beautiful trails on a stunning West Cork Peninsula.
- On the second day of your tour you will wake up in the heart of West Cork to the clear air blown in from the vast Atlantic Ocean. Here on the southern tip of Ireland the Ocean meets the Gulf Stream, and the microclimate allows for lush vegetation. You will get to see this first hand on the small magical Garnish Island. In the afternoon, we will travel further west to Castletownbere for a spectacular bike tour at Ireland’s coastal edge.
- The third day of the tour is a real gem as we cross from the Rebel County of Cork into the Kingdom of Kerry. Today you will have minimal time in the tour vehicle. You will hike in Killarney National Park through ancient oak woodland, pass breath-taking views of the Kerry Mountains and the world famous Lakes of Killarney. You will then experience the wonder of the National Park as you travel along its lakes (optional boat ride) from where you can take in the wonder of the Park, arriving into Killarney in unique style. Tonight you are sure to enjoy the craic in Killarney town.
- Day four begins as we travel west from Killarney between the Atlantic Ocean and the rolling Kerry mountains. We will call to the salty fresh-air playground of Inch Beach. If you fancy the surf then you can take a life affirming plunge in the Ocean. We will get a warming coffee or maybe a tipple at the village of Annascaul, the home of Ireland’s most famous explorer, Tom Crean. Then comes An Daingean, Dingle, this once quiet fishing village is now one of the best towns to visit in Ireland. Many trips to Ireland have been made for Dingle alone. In the afternoon you can choose to kayak in Dingle harbour and maybe meet Ireland’s most famous resident dolphin, “Fungi” or cycle along the splendid Slea head.
- On day five we head into the Banner County of Clare and as we travel northwards on this coastline you will find yourself gazing out to sea towards the Aran Islands and beyond. Today you will hike along an awe inspiring path perched high above the Sea to the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. Then we visit the Burren, a spectacular lunar like karst limestone landscape and a World Heritage Site. You will see megalithic tombs older than Egypt’s pyramids as well as abundant flora and fauna before we march from the Banner County into the City of the Tribes, Galway.
- After what will surely be a memorable night in Galway City, day six will be another very special treat. From Galway, we dive deep into Connemara to catch the ferry as we travel across the waves the short distance out into the Atlantic to visit Inis Mór- the largest of the Aran Islands. Here we slow down to the pace of Island life. We will cycle old roads passing field after field enclosed by dry stone walls creating a masterful tapestry for your eyes to feast on. Your breath will be taken away by the Iron Age ring fort, Dun Aengus, perched on the edge of a 300-foot high cliff. Returning to the mainland you will snake slowly through scenic Connemara - a place of fantastic colours, wilderness and warm welcomes.
- Day seven you will further explore the magic of Connemara. The land here is made up of blanket bogs, countless lakes, sandy beaches and mountain ranges. You will travel under the Maumturk Mountains, the Twelve Ben Mountains and pass along the most spectacular of Ireland’s three fjords, Killary Harbour. Then as we enter County Mayo under the shadow of Mweelrea, the highest mountain in Connacht and along the edge of Doo Lough, we will take a breather and perhaps remember the unfortunate famine victims who walked the same route over 170 years hence, before ploughing on and finishing in Westport.
- The adventures continue on the last day of the tour. On the eight day, you can choose to climb Ireland’s sacred mountain, Croagh Patrick and look out over the captivating Clew Bay. There is also the equally beautiful option to take a bike tour along Ireland’s original Greenway cycle path. The re is also a treat or two in store on your route back to Cork to the finishing point of the best Adventure Holiday in Ireland. You can choose the option of being returned to Dublin on the final day of your Adventure holiday.
Central Cork City Location
Additional Costs: Dinners, snacks and drinks
Single Supplement: €315
DEPARTURE DATELast two Available dates for 2018
18 Jun, 20 August