- Sample | Cork's history from before the Viking era to its current-day bustle.
- Discover | City parks | Riverside pathways | The College Campus.
- Intrigue | Cork’s king seducers, king impostors and, of course, the kings of Ireland!
- Explore | Cork's built heritage, including Elizabeth fort, City Cathedrals and Museums.
- Revolutionaries | Freedom fighters | Formidable females | World explorers | Educators.
- After the cycle tour you will be well oriented for your continued stay.
There are two cycle tour options, both last 3 hours and are led by a local guide. Both tours start and finish in a central location close to parking facilities.
1 Cork City Cycle Tour – A gently paced bike ride which explores Cork’s intriguing history and vibrant culture and reveals a few of Cork’s hidden secrets. Cycle through colourful streets, city parks, and riverside pathways. The tour includes the Shakey bridge, Shandon, University College Campus, Elizabeth Fort and Churches and Cathedrals. Cork boasts over 30 bridges and over 20 church spires. See how many you can count as you explore the city.
2 Cork Greenway Cycle – This scenic tour runs alongside Cork harbour and on the disused Blackrock railway line. It includes the Marina, the home of Cork GAA – Pairc Ui Caomh and Blackrock Castle. Learn about Cork’s maritime heritage and the important role that the worlds second largest deep-water harbour played in Corks development.
We look forward to resuming our Cork City Cycle tours in 2021. For information on the tours contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITINERARY & MAP
- On this cycle tour, your local guide, will peel back the layers of time to reveal all of Cork’s charms.
- Cork boasts over 30 bridges and over 20 church spires. See how many you can count as you explore the city.
- Through the ages, Cork has produced many notable individuals. Hear of Cork’s most intriguing characters as you pedal around the city.
- Cycle through colourful streets, city parks, and riverside pathways and discover the evolution of Cork from its beginnings as a Christian settlement to its time as a Viking stronghold and then as the centre of trade for an Empire.
- Both tours takes approximately 3 hours, the cost is €45 per person.
The bike shed, College Commercial Park, Magazine road, Cork.
Additional Costs: Snacks
DEPARTURE DATE19 June 2021 & 26 June 2021:
Click book now to view available dates. Email us at email@example.com